Web Developer at Automattic
We provide enterprise consulting and support for some of the largest WordPress sites on the web, including Time.com, People.com, FiveThirtyEight.com, QZ.com, TheSun.co.uk, Heavy.com, Variety.com and many more.
This is a fully remote gig, and Automattic (our parent company) is a wonderful place to work. I have a lot of respect for my smart and capable teammates, and learn from them every day.
Benefits: Open vacation policy, home office setup and coworking allowances, open maternity/paternity, three month sabbatical every five years, company travel fully covered (for example, I went to Barcelona in February), 401k match, insurance premiums 100% covered.
Through our WordPress.com VIP program, we provide support, hosting, training, and other services to some of the biggest and best WordPress sites on the web (Time Inc.,Microsoft, News Corp, FiveThirtyEight, The New York Times, Reddit, and hundreds more).
As a developer (aka VIP Wrangler) on the VIP team you are responsible for working with and advising our customers’ developers (e.g., reviewing code, making architecture recommendations, debugging, etc.), building and shaping our products as a software engineer, and just generally Making Stuff Go.
Job Requirements (Qualifications):
- Advanced proficiency coding with WordPress. Low-level language or systems experience a plus, but not required.
- Must be comfortable working primarily in a customer-facing role, including providing support and training to other developers.
- You enjoy collaborating with other developers, reviewing code, and making recommendations on technique or approach.
- Great troubleshooting skills. Must be able to take big problems and break them down into manageable pieces with elegant solutions—and importantly, keep our customers apprised of progress throughout.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly, with loose (at best) direction.
We are a 100% remote company.
Applicants must be fluent in English
We are hiring for people based in Asia.
Please send CV to email@example.com