Go-Jek Reported to Raise New $1.5 Billion Funding Round
To help fuelling SEA expansion
Amir Karimuddin - 28 June 2018
Go-Jek is reported in search of fresh funding for its SEA expansion. The Information reported that Go-Jek has started new talk with some investors, including existing ones in the previous rounds, to raise up to $1.5 billion (around 21 trillion Rupiah). The company’s valuation, based on the latest funding round, which closed earlier this year is around $4.8 billion (around 68 trillion Rupiah).
Previously, Bloomberg has reported that the investors (include Tencent, JD.com, and Google) has offered to provide additional funds for Go-Jek in its effort to become a regional competitor to Grab.
Post-Uber SEA acquisition (by Grab), Go-Jek is practically the only capable one (both in management and financial) to hold Grab’s attempt to monopolize the regional on-demand. Grab recently scooped a fresh funding worth of $1 billion (around 14 trillion Rupiah) from Toyota to expand GrabFood and GrabPay service.
Go-Jek has announced the availability of Go-Viet in Vietnam and GET in Thailand as its legal entity in each country. Both are expected be available for public in the next few months. In addition, Go-Jek will also expand to Singapore and the Philippines. Go-Jek has setup $500 million initial fund (around 7 trillion Rupiah), however, it certainly needs a bigger war chest to compete in the four neighboring countries.
- Terima Pendanaan 79 Miliar Rupiah, wagely Berambisi Jangkau 250 Ribu Karyawan Terima Akses Gaji Lebih Awal
- Alodokter Dapat Pendanaan Tambahan dari MDI Ventures dan Samsung Ventures
- Trustmedis Luncurkan Aplikasi Doctugo, Rencanakan Penggalangan Dana
- Amartha Kantongi Pendanaan 107 Miliar Rupiah, Perdalam Akses Permodalan untuk Pengusaha Perempuan
- Selain KDDI, Pendanaan Seri B1 Qlue Didukung ASLI RI dan Telkomsel Mitra Inovasi
Original article is in Indonesian, translated by Kristin Siagian
Thank you for Reading DailySocial.id
Starting at less than Rp 5.000/Day. You get unlimited access to DailySocial.id