Grab Accommodates OVO Top-Up via Driver
Currently only available in Jakarta
Marsya Nabila - 5 July 2018
Grab adds new option for OVO top-up via driver to improve cashless payment system in its services. The service is currently available for Grab customers located in Jakarta.
DailySocial attempts to reach Grab for further information yet receives no response until the story published. According to some drivers, this feature has been operated since last week (6/25).
According to OVO’s top-up procedure, Grab has a different kind of experience from Go-Jek’s Go-Pay. Customers can only top-up if they receive notification says “You can top-up your OVO balance via driver in this trip”.
Furthermore, customers can ask for additional balance from drivers by making a top-up, from Rp10 thousand to Rp98 thousand. The driver will receive customer’s notification and do the final step. When the balance has been updated, customer can pay the drivers.
Although this feature hasn’t broadly distributed in all Grab areas, it’s hopeful to increase OVO usage, given Grab has widely available in more than 100 cities in Indonesia.
Grab is recently getting more aggressive with various promotional discounts using OVO. OVO balance top-up can be done in Grab app via ATM, internet/mobile banking, merchants, and debit card.
- LinkAja Perluas Produk Finansial, Kini Hadirkan Layanan dari Pegadaian
- Strategi MNC Group Perkuat Lini Bisnis Fintech
- Perluas Ekosistem Bersama Pemegang Saham, LinkAja Berambisi Teruskan Capaian Positif
- LinkAja Umumkan Perolehan Pendanaan Seri B 1,4 Triliun Rupiah yang Dipimpin Grab
- Survei Ipsos Soroti Tingkat Kepuasan Pengguna Terhadap Layanan Dompet Digital di E-commerce
Original article is in Indonesian, translated by Kristin Siagian
Thank you for Reading DailySocial.id
Starting at less than Rp 5.000/Day. You get unlimited access to DailySocial.id