Qerja Received Series A Funding from SB-ISAT Fund
Amir Karimuddin - 5 March 2015
Qerja announced that they just sealed a series A funding from SB-ISAT Fund. Although being undisclosed, Tech In Asia reported that it’s one of the biggest for a Southeast Asian startup ever. Qerja becomes the second startup to sealed the funding, after Dealoka did that a month earlier.
The interesting thing is, those two startups getting SB-ISAT’s funding have considerably close relations with Indosat and Mountain SEA Ventures (which collaborates with Indosat for Ideabox incubator). Dealoka is a product of Ideabox’ first batch, while Qerja secured a seed funding from Mountain SEA Ventures.
SB-ISAT Fund is a $50 million (more than Rp 600 billion) funding initiated by Softbank Japan and Indosat and intended to facilitate startups in Indonesia which focus on e-commerce, digital and social media, and mobile finance services.
Qerja is “Indonesian Glassdoor” which provides information of salary and working places of various Indonesian companies. Recently, Qerja launched Jobs.id that focuses on job vacancies. Jobs.id’s CEO Veronika Linardi is Qerja’s Co-Founder.
As Tech In Asia reported, Linardi commented regarding the funding, “We look to eliminate the taboo on discussing about salary and company review in Indonesia. Our solution helps talented employees to find their dream job as well as companies to find high quality talents.”
- Aplikasi Pencatat Utang CrediBook Terima Pendanaan, Lakukan Sinergi dengan Payfazz
- Hiip Matangkan Ekspansi, Berebut Pasar “Influencer Marketing” yang Makin Diminati
- Peroleh Investasi Pra-Seri B 73 Miliar Rupiah, Ayopop Rebranding Jadi Ayoconnect
- Wahyoo Umumkan Pendanaan Seri A 73 Miliar Rupiah, Dipimpin Intudo Ventures
- Storie App Aims to Become “Social Commerce”, Providing Honest Review of Beauty Products
Furthermore, SB-ISAT Fund’s management staff added that the reason they chose to invest at Qerja is because they believe that the team have what it takes to penetrate the online jobs market in Indonesia.