The Merger of OLX and Berniaga Will Use OLX’s Entity
Amir Karimuddin - 18 November 2014
It has been predicted that the entity resulted from the merger between OLX Indonesia and Berniaga will be under the name of OLX Indonesia. Berniaga will be fully integrated to OLX, including their website, app, and platform. All of their data will also be added to OLX’s database.
Alif Priyono, OLX Indonesia’s COO, told Vivanews about the merger, “After the merger, we will remain using OLX’s brand and technology. At the moment, we’re waiting for the permit from the European Commission, which we hope will be finished by early 2015. The business will keep running as usual until all of these processes are done.”
Arif claimed that the merger will be beneficial for the costumers, because they will only have one single stop to sell and shop, which is OLX. “They will get a huge benefit, because when they want to buy or sell something, they can have broader selection of items as well as many more potential buyers. Both buyers and sellers interact in one single place, OLX,” he stated.
The use of OLX entity has been predicted since the deal between Schibsted, Naspers, Telenor, and Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) stated that for their business in Indonesia, Naspers holds 64% of the shares, while 701 Search, the joint venture of Schibsted, Telenor, and SPH, gets the rest 36%.
In the meantime, OLX Indonesia and Berniaga are two most popular C2C marketplaces in Indonesia. According to a survey by Jana last March, OLX and Berniaga were accessed by 67% and 43% of customers respectively, above other e-commerce websites like Kaskus, Lazada, and Zalora.
Thank you for Reading DailySocial.id
Starting at less than Rp 5.000/Day. You get unlimited access to DailySocial.id