Traveloka Expands to Australia
Aired through the information on PlayStore app update
Randi Eka - 27 February 2019
Along with the latest Android version, Traveloka announces the team is now providing Australian market. Related to this expansion, DailySocial has contacted Traveloka team. They confirmed the news, but they can’t reveal the detail, have they built the R&D center or create a special team.
Traveloka’s arrival outside Southeast Asia has been rumored since 2018. In order to accelerate the mission, they reportedly to raise new funding worth of 6 trillion Rupiah. Aside from Indonesia, Traveloka is available in Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, and Philippines.
Previously, Traveloka was rumored to make an acquisition to some OTA players, one is the business rival in Indonesia, Pegipegi. In addition, there’s also Mytour from Vietnam and Travelbook from Philippines. Another strategy to win the market is product development, the current project is PayLater feature.
- Studio VR Opaque Kembangkan Konten Simulasi untuk Berbagai Bidang
- Lebih Dekat dengan ACMI X, Coworking Space Mewadahi Pekerja Kreatif Digital di Australia
- ArtProcessors Digitalkan Museum di Australia dengan Teknologi VR dan AR
- Coworking Space “The 11th” Beri Kesempatan Startup Indonesia Masuki Pasar Australia
- Bagaimana Australia Melatih Anak Muda Merintis Startup dari Bangku Kuliah
Based on Google-Temasek report, Online Travel is one of the biggest sector in the current Southeast Asia digital economy. The value prediction equals $30 billion, exceeding e-commerce and ride-hailing. Growth potential is predicted to reach $78 billion in the next 2025.
Original article is in Indonesian, translated by Kristin Siagian