Discovering Various Concepts of "Open Finance" in The Digital World
Exploring products and business models of AyoConnect, Brankas and Finantier
Innovation and problems are two related things. As in the world of fintech, especially in developing countries like Indonesia with low bank account ownership, is a firm land to innovate various financial products.
There are new terms emerged, such as open banking, open finance, or banking as a service (BaaS), all of which actually take advantage of the open APIs targeting various sectors. In clarifying this term, DailySocial asks industry players involved in this sector to interpret the views of the two terms. There are Brankas, Finantier, and AyoConnect.
In terms of Finantier, open banking becomes one of the building blocks, but not the only one in the world of open finance. Meanwhile, open finance has a bigger aspect than open banking. On the other hand, open banking is likely centered around bank accounts. Despite this fact, there are still many underbanked people in Indonesia.
“Some companies have tried to do open banking but this only serves 30% of Indonesians who have access to a bank account. What about the other 70%? Although open banking can function in other countries, here [Indonesia] is different,” Finantier's Co-Founder and CEO Diego Rojas said.
Meanwhile, AyoConnect says open API is similar to open banking because it allows interlink and interconnection between multiple options via one API. This condition has the potential to significantly accelerate the integration process between parties, therefore, to reach customers faster.
"The difference is that open banking is initiated by the bank for its third party, while our API is initiated by ourselves which allows interconnection between billing providers and channel partners," AyoConnect's Co-Founder and COO Chiragh Kirpalani said.
Welcome to Premium Content
Become a DailySocial.id Subscription, you can get unlimited access to discover the best minds of innovation and to perceive the finest tech journalism products in Indonesia. Learn more
Access anytime, only this article.
Rp 7,000 /article
Unlimited access premium content.
Rp 150,000 /month